TZT Sounder Q

Flat Liner

I own 2014 model Furuno TZT 14 units. In December of 2021, the units were sent to the Furuno service center in Caymas,WA for screen repairs and updates. In 2022, I had on and off issues with the sounder working. A new Netgear GS308 switch was installed as well as new data cables from Furuno. This, along with resetting the DFF UHD1, resolved the issue for a short period of time. A diagnosis of a bad transducer was given and was replaced earlier this year with another 1Kw B265 LH. I sent the DFF UHD1 unit to the service center in Caymas for inspection and was advised that the board was bad. So, a new one was purchased from Furuno, installed following all procedures provided in the literature. Once done, the sounder worked great until the next trip on the boat. The sounder was clicking normally, then started to click very slowly then stopped working again. I had a white screen with no range on the right side. An internet search on the Furuno site gave instructions to reset the system. Once done, everything worked but for only a few minutes, then stopped again. Range still present but no clicking from the transducer.
All Ethernet cables are tight and free of corrosion. The DFF UHD1 has a slow flash of the green light. The TZT units in setup show to have the sources correct; DFF and transducer type. Orange line from the transducer is disconnected. All settings appear to be as advised on line.
I’m desperately looking for advice on what needs to be done next. Is there a need to update the units for the transducer and/or DFF? What else can be suggested?

I would check that the TZT units are running v6.03 software so they match up well to the newer UHD software which should be at least 3.02 but might be v3.04. Do not ever transmit the sounder out of water because the transducer needs the water to cool it and I don't want to see you burn up the elements. If the boat is out of the water ensure you have the sounder setup for STBY (so the transmission is off). Run the system and check the light on the sounder after about 8 mins and see what it is doing then. Still flashing? Slow 1 second ON and 1 second OFF? Faster flashing is an error. Solid is a communications error.

I would check that the TZT units are running v6.03 software so they match up well to the newer UHD software which should be at least 3.02 but might be v3.04. Do not ever transmit the sounder out of water because the transducer needs the water to cool it and I don't want to see you burn up the elements. If the boat is out of the water ensure you have the sounder setup for STBY (so the transmission is off). Run the system and check the light on the sounder after about 8 mins and see what it is doing then. Still flashing? Slow 1 second ON and 1 second OFF? Faster flashing is an error. Solid is a communications

Back