Loss os position when fusion link hooked up

A

Anonymous

Brand new boat and am working through the initial kinks of the electronics install... I am currently running 2 TZT14's the fusion MS-ip700i stereo with wired remote (MSNRX200i) and the lowrance point 1 gps antenna/heading sensor...

So pretty much the last issue I cant seem to figure out is when the fusion link is hooked up the MFD's keeps losing and attaining the gps signal about every 3-5 seconds.. When I un-hook the Ethernet cable from the stereo and restart the network it works fine... but obviously no fusion link..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Try using this installation document for the Fusion on a TZT network to help troubleshoot: http://www.furunousa.com/ProductDocumen ... 20Link.pdf

I'm assuming no router is installed, so the instructions start on page 5. Ensure the IP address used is the 192.xxxxx. See if this helps. If not, please tell me how/where and to what the Fusion stereo's Ethernet cable is connected. For example, is it directly connected to a port on one of the TZT14s or is it going to a HUB101 or a Netgear HUB? How is the Lowrance GPS/heading sensor connected to the TZT system?

TheReaper":3gzxvsdj said:
Try using this installation document for the Fusion on a TZT network to help troubleshoot: http://www.furunousa.com/ProductDocumen ... 20Link.pdf

I'm assuming no router is installed, so the instructions start on page 5. Ensure the IP address used is the 192.xxxxx. See if this helps. If not, please tell me how/where and to what the Fusion stereo's Ethernet cable is connected. For example, is it directly connected to a port on one of the TZT14s or is it going to a HUB101 or a Netgear HUB? How is the Lowrance GPS/heading sensor connected to the TZT system?

The document you provided is actually the one used to set up so should be good there. I assigned a static IP address... I believe I used the "Class B" as I'm unsure what the difference between Class B and Class C is? Maybe that's the issue?

There is no router installed and am using a Netgear hub which the Ethernet cable is connected to.. The Lowrance point one is attached to a NEMA 2000 backbone that is connect to one of the TZT's

I do have a Hub101 as well (still in the box) but didn't use it because I was told it was overkill considering the TZ's don't need power sync..

Thanks

Ensure the Fusion radio is connected by Ethernet only and not also (or solely) to the NMEA2000 network. Try the Class C IP if confirmed that only connected via Ethernet. Otherwise, leave Class B IP, disconnect Fusion radio from NMEA2000 and try again.

Netgear HUB is fine and the HUB101 is overkill on a TZT network.

The NMEA2000 Lowrance connection...Is the NMEA2000 network connected to both TZT14s? If not, it should be. The NMEA2000 backbone should have only 2 terminators, 1x12Vdc power source, and any drop into the backbone should not exceed 6 meters.

The TZT system doesn't like a bad NMEA2000 network which could cause problems with operation of other equipment.

TheReaper":151slugv said:
Ensure the Fusion radio is connected by Ethernet only and not also (or solely) to the NMEA2000 network. Try the Class C IP if confirmed that only connected via Ethernet. Otherwise, leave Class B IP, disconnect Fusion radio from NMEA2000 and try again.

Netgear HUB is fine and the HUB101 is overkill on a TZT network.

The NMEA2000 Lowrance connection...Is the NMEA2000 network connected to both TZT14s? If not, it should be. The NMEA2000 backbone should have only 2 terminators, 1x12Vdc power source, and any drop into the backbone should not exceed 6 meters.

The TZT system doesn't like a bad NMEA2000 network which could cause problems with operation of other equipment.

Ok I will look into the Lowrance connection... I don't believe that both TZ's are connected to the backbone... only 1 of them is and the other is connected through the Netgear Hub

As for as the Fusion, the actual stereo is only connected to the Ethernet hub but the wired remote is connected to the backbone.. Not sure if that would cause an issue? If so I guess you cant run both a wired remote and fusion link?

Ok I will look into the Lowrance connection... I don't believe that both TZ's are connected to the backbone... only 1 of them is and the other is connected through the Netgear Hub

As for as the Fusion, the actual stereo is only connected to the Ethernet hub but the wired remote is connected to the backbone.. Not sure if that would cause an issue? If so I guess you cant run both a wired remote and fusion link?

Both TZT14s should be connected to the NMEA2000 backbone and the Netgear HUB. The Fusion stereo should be connected to the Netgear HUB. Best I can tell from the Fusion manual, the remote controller (MSNRX200i) appears to be connected directly to the NMEA2000/Remote Control connector on the radio, not to the NMEA2000 backbone. Best I can tell, you can use the Ethernet for the Fusion-link and the MSNRX200i plugged directly into the radio connection, not to the NMEA2000 backbone. You may need to contact the Fusion folks to find out more about that if correcting the things I mentioned doesn't help.

Back