Furuno TZT2-12 Fusion-Link Connection Question

haneyrm

Hello - Not having much luck getting my TZT2-12 and Fusion MS-IP700i to communicate. Both are connected through the NMEA 2k network but when I try to connect the TZT2 to the Fusion, nothing happens.

I noticed on the Fusion page that they do not list the TZT2 as a compatible device. Thet list the original TZT as compatible through and ethernet connection.

Question - is the TZT2 compatible with the Fusion-Link system through NMEA 2k? If so, what does it take to get them to communicate. Note - I did notice that the Fusion MS was showing up under the sensor menu (I believe it was the sensor menu) but I cannot get the radio controls or display to show up on the TZT2.

Thanks. Great forum!

Thanks. I was hoping it connected through a simple NMEA 2000 link. In reading through the link, it's anything but simple.

Appreciate the info.

I have a Fusion 750 connected via NMEA2000 and it communicates with my TZTL12, and I think you should be able to connect the same way. There was one problem I had to overcome: the IP settings of the FUSION unit. You need to make sure your FUSION stereo is in the same subnet as your TZTL12. Compare the IP addresses and adjust the IP address of your FUSION accordingly by programming an unused IP address matching the subnet of the TZTL12.
Also if I remember correctly: you might need a software update on your Fusion unit to be able to change the IP to a static IP address.

There is nothing wrong with having the Fusion connected by both NMEA 2000 and network like you have. At this point the Furuno only talks to the Fusion by Network and ignores the Fusion 2000 connection. It requires the IP address setup because it IS being connected by network for its communications.

thomas311@gmx.net":33x8rgkl said:
You need to make sure your FUSION stereo is in the same subnet as your TZTL12. Compare the IP addresses and adjust the IP address of your FUSION accordingly by programming an unused IP address matching the subnet of the TZTL12.

I did the same over the weekend. Not only did the IP address of the Fusion have to be in the same subnet as the Furuno unit but the default gateway specifics had to match as well. The only way I was able to get the Furuno unit to "see" the Fusion was to code a static IP address into the Fusion unit using these parameters.

Back