Johnny Electron

P

playin catch

Hello Johnny,

so i have been reading through all the recent post about the TZT 2 and the sirius XM animated weather issue. i also called the Furuno Denton, MD location and spoke with Chris..... Chris informed me that the 3.01 update DOES NOT address the issue with the Weather Animation NOT working.. is this true, as it appears on some of your post that the 3.01 update DOES fix the Weather Animation.

if you could please give me a definite answer on this... i have not yet updated my TZT 2 unit to the 3.01 and was waiting for the next update to be released. but if the 3.01 update fixes the weather issue i will do it this weekend.

thank you for your time

Bob

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.

v3.01 (TZT2) directly addresses an issue with not showing the North American Weather Radar data from Sirius. That is now working. Weather Animation is still having a few issues with the TZT and TZT2. There are many factors involved including the chosen subscription from Sirius and the Sirius weather box used ect... Some is also misconceptions. For example the North American radar has no forecast data from Sirius under ANY subscription. (although I expect that we should animate some of the past data to show weather movement)

With that all said, All the weather data is working on TZT and TZT2 when properly configured. We still continue to have issues with the animation. Sometimes I see it work, other days not. We have passed this to Japan and they are working on it. In fact using the beta for the next TZT software, I have found all the animation is working very well. Only a few items like winds, pressure lines and wave height predictions animate because those are items that Sirius has predicted data for (if you have it as part of your subscription).

People who own Sirius weather with the TZT2 should be running v3.02 software (same as 3.01 with minor changes for Sirius polling on the BBWX3). TZT customers with Sirius weather should be running 4.12 software (4.11 for non Sirius customers). At this stage 3.02 and 4.12 is obtained by contacting tech support of your respective Furuno Distributor. (Not everyone reading the Forum is from the USA)

I hope that is a bit more clear to everyone. I appreciate the understanding because getting software changes can be slow at times. I have no doubts the remaining animation issues will be addressed with the next software for the TZT2. I have been excited to see some of the new changes we have been waiting for implemented like Active Captain and the support for the NXT radar. The future is bright.

Thank you for the info. My only question was updating to 3.02. Is that not an update that can be acquired online? I believe I have 3.01, am checking this weekend, and will update if needed. I am running the offshore sirius package.

i am running the TZT2 with the BBWX3 with the sirius offshore package. so if i update to the 3.01 the animation will work...? and am i reading it correctly that the 3.02 is out i just have to get it from my electronics installer?

if so i will have them do it immediately. thanks for your time in explaining this

Bob

Furuno USA customers can contact our support office at 410-479-4420 (east coast) or 360-834-9300 (west coast) and we can get you what you need if you are running Sirius. Others without Sirius shouldn't update.

Johnny,

I have the BBWX3 and called the east coast technical support to ask for the 3.02 software. I was told by the tech who answered that 3.02 does not exist and only 3.01 is available.

Thanks,

Diggin Deep

It sounds like you talked to a sales guy and not a tech. 3.01 will work but 3.02 has a minor tweak only for Sirius weather users. Call them again and tell them I sent you.

Back