Import timezero PBG into TZT3

brinkis

Hello Folks,
I have recently bought a TZT12F and would like to start using my previous PBG I gathered through timezero PC app before installing a DFF-3D.
Is that possible and how can it be done please?
Thanks!

Okay that's a bit short as an answer :think
Are there plans to make it happen?

Otherwise, if I have a max sea PBG why would I buy a DFF-3D if I want to add some areas?
I would lose all my previous stuff and redo it from scratch while it would be smarter to let people do a smooth transition.

Or at least enable the TZT3 PBG with non DDF-3D even if it does 1 depth measurement per second.

The DFF3D performance ( 50 pts/sec ) would then entice people to buy it.

the strategy is a bit weird here.

Someone who has a budget for DFF3D would buy it anyway and you'd increase the TZT3 sales with other customers having CW transducers.

They haven't shared their future plans but PBG from Nobeltec Time Zero is not the same as PBG as done by the MFD. The MFD feature is new and I am sure the future will bring changes. At this time there is no method to convert either direction between the two systems. The TZT3 doesn't offer single point PGB or support other devices for this feature except for the DFF3D, while Nobeltec Time Zero is a diffrent product with diffrent abilities. It has been discussed on the forum previously and while the future might change; that is how the system currently works. Each system has advantages and disadvantages. You can have both and share the DFF3D on the same network.

A bit of a hypothetical here, assuming I purchase a different boat with basically the same setup of TZT3 and DFF3D. Can you import the PBG onto the new equipment?

you can upload PBG across different TZT3 units.

Keep in mind, as of right now, the PBG will not merge, but rather overwrite. so if you have previously recorded PBG on the unit that you are importing into, you will lose it.

I hope they find a way to solve this in the future.

mattology":15s72wke said:
Keep in mind, as of right now, the PBG will not merge, but rather overwrite. so if you have previously recorded PBG on the unit that you are importing into, you will lose it.

I hope they find a way to solve this in the future.

While true, the small PBG files are on the chart card (located in the rear of the unit), and the chart card is technically considered a (temporary) working space (for read/write) not permanent storage space. Perhaps in the future, these data sets will be included in the TZ Account cloud sync feature, but until then it's really encouraged that users work out a data retention system that fits their situation for waypoints, routes, tracks, and now PBG the user wants to keep and back them up to a more permanent data storage place such as a PC or dropbox online.

Hope that helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back