GPS GP-32 ROLL OVER NOT AFFECTED

luiedaya

I have a GPS GP-32 on board and It has not been affected by the roll over of June 20, 2021 as announced, the date is still precise, has it happened to someone else? Do you know if the roll over will probably affect it in the future?

It depends on when the internal GPS chip was designed. If not rolled over it will in the future. The next expected roll over for GP32 units is Jan 2, 2022.

I have a GP 32 receiver and the current date shown is incorrect. The position data seems OK however. Am I to understand that there is no way to recover the correct date or is there a procedure to make this read accurately again.

Scintilla":3umra771 said:
I have a GP 32 receiver and the current date shown is incorrect. The position data seems OK however. Am I to understand that there is no way to recover the correct date or is there a procedure to make this read accurately again.

Devices impacted by GPS Rollover will still provide the correct GPS location, if the units are factory reset or power cycled, but the date will remain incorrect. It is recommended
these legacy units be considered for replacement with newer comparable unit(s) such as the GP39.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back