GP 1971F not showing wrecks and reefs.

CrewTwo

Last month I purchased a new GP1971F with a new 4D C-Map card for my area. This unit replaces my GP1970F unit. The old unit shows reefs and wrecks, but the new unit does not. I put the new card in the old unit and it shows everything. Is there a setting that will allow the new unit to show the same as the old?

For C-MAP chart features and for issues with the card, it's recommended to see your local authorized C-MAP vendor and/or contact C-Map support for more information. Furuno technical support covers hardware related issues or plotter functions. :think

Hope this clarifies, :sail

-Maggy

Hi Maggy, I have contacted C-Map. They asked me to put the new chip in the older GP-1870F. It shows all the wrecks and reefs in that older unit with the new chip. It seems like there is a setting that is not allowing the chip to show the information on the new GP-1971F. Please reply. I’m going in circles here.

On your GP1971F there is a way to see wrecks and Reefs. Not sure where you are in the world but we tested it with a West coast map and we changed a few settings which allowed us to see wrecks.
You can go to Home > Settings > Map > Display Mode > Full

Once you do that you should be able to see everything. But you need to make sure its on Vector Chart because they didn't show up on the Raster Chart.

Ill attach a pic so you can see what the wreck emblems look like :DCapture778855.JPG

Back