GP1871F

Have a new GP1971F and a two year old GP1971F, do I need to buy C-MAPS for both units, have them both on a NMEA2000 network? Can I just mirror the lower unit, Also when I power up the units with the C-Map card in them they will not power up. If I take out the SD card everything works fine.

Charts are not shared over the NMEA 2000. To have charts in each machine, you must have a chart card inserted in each machine. If the unit refuses to boot with the card inserted it is either the wrong type of mapping or the chart chip has a problem. Being that both units are doing this, I don't think you have a card reader failure. Have you verified the C-map chip is a valid 4D type? If so, you might want to contact C-map about exchange for replacements because it sounds like something is wrong with the chip.

Yes, it is the 4D map, it has been working for the last year. What if I just mirror the two units, will it read the map from the main plotter?

I am not understanding what you mean. The only mirror function that I am aware of is using an phone/tablet APP from ONE unit to mirror the screen. If it isn't showing charts on that unit it won't show it on the wifi APP either. The units can't connect/mirror each other or share charts with each other, if that is what you are asking.

Back