GD-1900C Questions

A

Anonymous

Hello, I just bought a used GD1900C and sounder module for my Nautic Star bay boat. Have a few questions.
1. Is this unit referred to as a Navnet 1?
2. There were no maps loaded on it. The manual states it will take Furuno and NavCharts or C-Map Charts. Which one shoudl I use? I inserted an old Navionics Classis card and it read it, but there is not much detail. The card slot is much wider and has more pins than this card. Will it read another type of card?
3. What is the easiset way to transfer waypoints into this system? My Yellowfin has the Navnet 3D and I can download the points onto an SD card, but not sure how I could them get them into the GD1900. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Is this unit referred to as a Navnet 1?

Yes the GD1900C is a NavNet series one unit.

There were no maps loaded on it. The manual states it will take Furuno and NavCharts or C-Map Charts. Which one shoudl I use?

The unit will be programmed for Navionics OR it will be programmed for C-Map.
The Furuno maps would work in both types but they are no longer available and when they were, they were very basic. Check the chart door of the unit. Many times it will reveal if it is a Navionics unit or C-Map.

I inserted an old Navionics Classis card and it read it, but there is not much detail. The card slot is much wider and has more pins than this card. Will it read another type of card?

If it read the Navionics card where you had detail (like buoys) then it sounds like your is a Navionics unit. It can not read the C-map card unless you have your dealer convert it. (then it will not read the Navionics).

What is the easiset way to transfer waypoints into this system? My Yellowfin has the Navnet 3D and I can download the points onto an SD card, but not sure how I could them get them into the GD1900. Any suggestions?

Wow, big jump in time between the 3D and NN1. The best way would be to take the 3D points to a PC and use software (like www.Andren.com) to dump them into the serial data port of unit. The best cable for this uses the PC USB connection to the units 7 pin serial data connection (data4 in your case). (Part# USB-7PN-CBL)

Thanks for the answers!

On the chart card, i used an old Classic card I beleive the number was UL820 (North Carolina). Not very detailed. Are there any cards that offer more detail in this format? I alos can not get the colors to change. I make the cfhanges in the menu and nothing cahnges. For instance, changing the land mass colors.

Cable - Looks like the cost is $150. I have a furuno cable that will plug into that port on the navnet and has no connector on the other end (just bare wires). Is the pinout of how to connect this to a USB connector published somewhere so I can make my own?

Databox - is is possible to keep the databoxes up while in split screen mode? They only display when in full screen

Thanks for your help.

Is the pinout of how to connect this to a USB connector published somewhere so I can make my own?

The users manual provides a pin-out to a 9 pin or 25 serial port connection. If you need to use USB, you would first wire the connection as shown in the manual then purchase a serial to USB adaptor. You can NOT just wire the port directly to USB. It needs proper conversion. The Furuno cable does it in one step but you could take the cable you have and then purchase a ~$20 serial to USB converter to do the same thing.

is is possible to keep the databoxes up while in split screen mode?

No

Back