Furuno TZT 2 Randomly Rebooting ???

haneyrm

Anybody else having a problem with their TZT 2 randomly rebooting? The last 3 or 4 times I had the boat out, just before I got back to the house, my TZT2-12 went blank and re-booted. I'm up to date on my operating system software and have nothing hooked to it other than a single transducer. Each time it rebooted, I had it on full screen map with satellite overlay for my area. I'm using the base map that came pre-installed on the unit.

Any ideas what could be causing the random re-boot?

Can't help you with an explanation, however, I have had the same experience a few times. I have not been able to correlate it with anything in particular and it only happened perhaps three or four times over a six week period. I have two TZTL 15 displays and both of them have done it so I doubt it is a hardware problem with one of my units.

That was before new software update, which may have an impact.

I have 2 TZT2 15" units. I had a similar problem, one unit would shutdown and go into a re-boot loop. I was about to have it replaced under warranty, but I found a loose ground wire. Solved that problem. Now the unit will still randomly shutdown and my other unit that has never had a problem randomly shut down while running a few days ago. That same day at the dock I could not shut down either unit using the power "switch", the touch screen functioned normally, but the power button would not work. Once I did a hard shutdown, neither power switch would work to power back up. The next day both worked flawlessly. The last time I was out the units ran all day and never missed a beat. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's not repeatable at all. I have not done the update yet.

Was running in the gulf yesterday and again the machine just randomly rebooted itself. Different location this time and the unit was only on for about 10 minutes before the screen went blank and it rebooted. Voltage was reading 14.3 volts so I don't think I have a voltage issue. Checked grounds and all are tight and clean.

Anybody from Furuno have any ideas why this might be happening?

Ensure you are running current software. (2.05)
I have seen bad NMEA 2000 networks to cause both the NN3D, TZT, and TZT2 to reboot. If you don't have anything on your 2000 bus and you have checked both power and grounds then I recommend sending the unit in for evaluation.

Back