Furuno mfd 12 navnet.

Kallum275

Hey guys. I’m over in nz and have bought a second hand furuno mfd12 and was wondering what I needed to buy to be able to run a 1kw transom mount transducer, eg do I need to buy a dff1? Or some other module? Won’t be using charts only for sonar. Cheers guys

It would be good to know more details about the 1KW transducer before answer the question. What information can you provide about the transducer or are you looking to buy that also?

Sorry mate, I would be buying that also, was thinking something like the airmar tm260? But not even sure if that would work? New to this bigger gear.

TM260 is a good transducer and a really good match for the BBDS1 and the NN3D system. Another good combination is the DFF1-UHD and the TM275LHW. Depends on the focus depth and budget.

I mainly bottom fish 30-100m with the summer months starting to gamefish for marlin and deep drop in 300m+
All salt water.

If money wasn’t an issue, what would I best run?

For your fishing depths, if money isn't an issue, based on your current system, I personally would go with the DFF1-UHD (Tru CHIRP) with the TM275LHW if you can't run a thru-hull. The normal DFF1 is an excellent CW unit and if going transom the TM260 would be my choice.

Back