Forgot to shut off sounder when I hauled out.

John Y

I have an FCV – 295 with a 200B-5S and a 50B-6B transmitters. I got hauled out yesterday evening, and this afternoon, I realized I had forgot to shut off my sounder. What are the chances the transmitters are still good or did I fry them? Also, is there an easy way to test them? Thank you for any help you can give me… John

The simplest way is to put it back in the water and see if they function.
A dealer can test them with a TDT1000 or an EDI and send us the results. You can as well if you have access to either of these test sets. We have baseline test results that we can compare your results against. Best bet is to test them in the water.
If they were CHIRP I would say they are shot. Being CW, you might have a chance.

The simplest way is to put it back in the water and see if they function.
A dealer can test them with a TDT1000 or an EDI and send us the results. You can as well if you have access to either of these test sets. We have baseline test results that we can compare your results against. Best bet is to test them in the water.
If they were CHIRP I would say they are shot. Being CW, you might have a chance.
Thank you for the reply. I’ll see if I can get ahold of either of those test sets. My boat is 125 feet long so dropping it in and out of the water is a bit on the spendy side.

Understood. That does make a bit of a difference. The TDT1000 test set usually includes a test block that can be held against the face of the transducer for more accurate results. Just ensure that they use some lube or something to make proper contact with no air bubbles.

Back