Fcv588 to gp1870f

NZBman

I have connected my FCV588 to the gp1870f via an ONWA converter. The FCV receives the position data DLL but when i mark on the FCV it does not register on the GP.
I tried various settings on the FCV. It seems it needs to be IN/IN NMEA output ON.
Port 1 shows to receive the DLL sentence. Does Port 2 need to show anything?

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpeg
    IMG_1485.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1491.jpeg
    IMG_1491.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1492.jpeg
    IMG_1492.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1494.jpeg
    IMG_1494.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 2
For the FCV588 to output anything it must have one the NMEA set to output. Having the NMEA to IN and IN has both sets of wires setup to input data not output anything. Even once you get the FCV588 putting out data, you should confirm the converter accepts and processes TLL.

1726492047700.png

Thanks Johnny i will have another go next time i am at the boat.
Besides the IN/IN or IN/OUT. I assume if the NMEA Port setting is IN/Out, the setting below (NEMA OUTPUT) then needs to be set to OUT?
Lastly given they are both FURUNO units, does it matter if the setting is TLL or FURUNO-TLL in the TLL OUTPUT setting.
It certainly been receiving the TLL from the GP because it displays the coordinates on the FCV and saves it as a waypoint in the unit. Can I assume that the function of saving as a waypoint on the unit and sending the output sentence runs in parallel?

Actually one more question. The receiving sentence was displayed on PORT MONITOR Port 2 (photo above) but Port 1 was blank. I assume i should see the waypoint sentence in Port 1 if correctly configured which i assume is PGN 129029?

You would want to wire up to the FCV588 output wires (pin 1 [white] and Pin 2 [blue]).
Set the unit up for In/OUT. Ensure the setting for Baud rate and NMEA version are matching up to whatever converter you are using. The NMEA Output setting you are asking about would normally be OFF. This is basically a setting to tell the unit to put out 0183 along with whatever is coming in on the INPUT port. One must be careful not to setup a data loop. It doesn't mean the NMEA is off, it is just not going to thru-put NMEA. (Hopefully that makes sense).

1726513032559.png

1726512985509.png

The Furuno TLL is for when connecting to another Furuno product that can accept the advanced TLL information. If you are using a normal converter (non-Furuno), you would use normal TLL. As long as the converter accepts it and gives you the PGN you need it should begin working for you.

So for what i am trying to achieve i.e. mark on FCV to go to GP and because of the bidirectional data flow i will only need to connect TD A and B and not connect RD A and B?

If you are trying to send a TLL the sounder will need to have GPS but it might or might not be from the GP. The Sounder RD (receive data) would normally need GPS from something otherwise it won't be able to give a TLL. The output (TD=Transmit data) would need to go to provide the TLL to the device or converter that passes that to a compatible device.

Back