fcv 588 and SS175W transducer?

Margeris

I have the 588 sounder that was matched with an in hull M260. Unfortunately, something has caused one of the corners of the transducer to break off (?buckled) and can no longer seal the unit.
Looking for best option to replace the M260 and have been advised the SS175 wide beam through hull or the transom mount TM 260 would work well.
I mainly fish in 10 - 50 m but sometimes head off for blue fin tuna offshore.
My understanding is that the through hull generally gives better imaging and I may have a problem with the SS175 offshore. Unfortunately being a trailer boat, I cannot use the through hull 526TID HDD which could make use of resboost.
How will the 175 chirp transducer cope with the 588 and what would you recommend?
Thank you

Margeris,
I am assuming you mean the SS175HW correct? The FCV-588 wasn't designed to use this transducer. That being said if you only want to use the FCV-588 at 200Khz this is an option.

Snips

Yes it is the SS175HW and thank you for the prompt reply. If I can only use the 200 Khz band, what do you think will be the realistic maximum depth in which I could use the sounder?
What alternatives do you think I should consider? Is there any transducer I can use that will make use of Resboost and if so, will this be any improvement on my old (broken) M260 in hull?
Thank you.

Margeris,
That is a tough question to answer. It all depends on what is in the water column and the fish targets you are looking at. Here in the US I feel that around 250ft is around it's max depth for individual fish targets.

Snips

Wow! you are still working at 2 am!!
Thanks again but any advice in terms of utilizing Resboost without using a through hull transducer that requires an external fairing??

Margeris,
RezBoost was designed to help enhance fish targets. It works with all types of transducers i.e flush mount, transom or ones with fairing blocks. However the biggest key to getting good sounder performance starts with the transducer and it's location.

Snips

Back