Fcv 295

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Hello everyone my name is Stefano and I come from Italy, so excuse my english (google translate)
I have a furuno 295 with a probe 50b-9 but does not satisfy me as much.
Practical bottom fishing and I want to see fish at 500m and maybe even beyond.
How do I set the echo? the TVG?
I also Pesco at depths lower than 30m 200m 100 but it is difficult to interpret if there are fish.
I would also put a probe TM260 since I've read quite a few holes, as the pair with 295 tm 260?
thanks

Woodoste,
Thank you for your questions. However it is nearly impossible for us to say set your Gain at X, your TVG Level at X, your TVG Distance X, your Clutter at X and you will have a great picture on the 295. How I like to adjust a sounder is by turning up the Gain until you have some Clutter on the display, it is at this point I will look for fish targets (patterns) within the clutter. Once you see targets I will then adjust the clutter upwards until the targets remain but most of the clutter is gone. After this I will adjust the TVG's and color erase up further clean up the sounders display. Remember that the Clutter, Color Erase amd TVG controls are used to clean up the display, the higher the settings the more they suppress.
If you are able to attach a screen shot of your display with the your settings we may be able to guide you further.

Snips

Woodoste,
Thanks for the pictures, clearly something is not correct. Even your pictures in 172m are showing a broken bottom. Your sounder should look more like the attached photo, as you can see the bottom return is nice and solid. The bottom in your first pictures almost looks like a second echo or false bottom. In picture #580 I would be curious to see what your bottom looks like if you set your range to 500m. Have you doubled checked that the transducer is connected to pins 1 & 3 on the three pin plug? To me, this doesn't look like a setting issue but it would be nice to review the settings you are using.

Snips

Attachments

• FCV-295.jpg
    FCV-295.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 4,258
If you want to do the photo of the connections of the transducer 50-b9
it is possible that the probe is mounted on the transom evil?
I can fix by mounting a probe tm 260?
with which the probe was made ​​from the photo you posted?

Woodoste,
To be honest I don't recall what transducer I was using during that FCV-295 test. If you would like to send a picture of how the transducer is terminated that is OK. Also I would be interested in seeing a screen shot of the sounder at the dock. Please set the range for five times the water depth for example if the vessel is in 10m of water please set the range for 50m and the gain at 0.

Snips

Woodoste,
Thanks for the picture, have you ever visited Airmar's website, http://www.airmar.com. It may be helpful to take a look at the TM-260 installation guide. You will see how the face of the transducer is equal or below the hull. The way you have yours mounted any movement will create turbulence going over the face of the transducer. Attached is a picture of a better (not prefect) installation.

Snips

Attachments

• DCP_1090 (Small).JPG
    DCP_1090 (Small).JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 4,218
Ok due to my position put hours you could do a favor?
Change my picture with paint and drawing toerica position of where I install my probe :)
My fear is that by putting the probe so low you create too much turbulence in the wake

Woodoste,
It is pretty clear, as is, your FCV-295 and transducer are not performing up to their capabilites. In looking at your pictures the transducer clearly mounted to high on the transom and would cause problems when your boat is moving. Mounting transducers on the transom is not easy and some times takes some adjustments.

Snips

Woodoste,
Sorry there was a problem with that link, try again.

Snips

Woodoste,
I was able to open your last post but not the two previous. It looks like your boat was on the trailer when you took that picture, correct? Please post one exactly that like but when the boat is in the water.

Snips

Woodoste,
Please confirm that the below picture was or was not taken while your boat was on the trailer. If the boat was in the water please check the TX/RX MENU that the TX Power is set to 10 and the TX Rate is set to 20. In your other message the picture labeled Test 2 is closer to the level that the transducer should be mounted.

Snips

Attachments

• dock.JPG
    dock.JPG
    376.2 KB · Views: 1,586
In this picture I've posted the boat is in water and tx I've never touched as they are all by default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back