fcv 1150 settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opti,
Have you ever been able to see a Marlin since you changed your settings? How deep are the ball of bait? If they are deeper than 200m you may need to so back to STD pulse length. Also your clutter seems a touch to high.

Snips

no i havnt been able to mark a marlin ,the bait is anywhere from 150m to 20m.i havnt been able to clear up the speckles in the top of the water colum either.

Opti,
It tough to say use a Gain of W, TVG Level at X, TVG Distance at Y, Clutter at Z and you will see Marlin will little or no speckles on the display. That being said you should be able to clean up shallow water speckles with TVG Level. I wish we had a test Marlin target we could sent out to people to see what the return looked like in 50fm of water. Unfortunately we don't so the only thing I can suggest is to use a school of bait as your test target to check and try different settings.

Snips

i think my biggest frustration with this unit is its complexity,and the user manual doesnt describe what tvg does or what pulse lenght does etc ,how are we ment to know what to adjust when we dont know what each function actually changes.
furuno really need a better manual or some videos that we can follow that explain each setting and when we need to adjust them.just my 2 cents ;)

Opti,
The 1150 is a great sounder because it's so adjustable, but that can also be a draw back.
I don't know if this would help, but you can try using the 1150's demo mode to see how the gain, TVG's and clutter controls all interact. You won't see much of a change when varing the pulse length but you will with all the receiver functions.

Snips

thanks snips ,from what i can work out ,i think ive been running too much gain ,then compensated that with too much clutter control and wiped out most of the individual fish signals in the process.
so im going to try the clutter control at 20,set the tvg depth to 1/3 of actuall depth the adjust the tvg rate till hopefully i have a clear picture,then adjust the gain to suit.
does that sound ok to you

Opti,
Try those settings and let me know how they work.

Snips

well i think im finally making some progress,got a much clearer picture now.didnt mark any marlin [none around]but it has a clear water colum now ,and doesnt need too much gain ,although im not that deep.here are a few pics i took of bait.
2012-02-19101331.jpg

2012-02-19101325.jpg

2012-02-19085604.jpg

2012-02-19085346.jpg

Opti,
Those screen shots look better and I am glad you are making progress. I see gaps in the fish targets and the seabed which is an indication of turbulence passing over the face of the transducer. How fast were you moving?

Snips

yeah it was rough blowing 20 knts,i only have a 23 ft trailer boat and the transducers are wet faced.
the next adjustment will be going from short 1 to short on the pulse length ,but i feel im pretty close now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back