FAP 7002 wiring CANbus power.

Moonzy1

Furuno Super Fan
Installing new NavPilot 711C

On the FAP 7002 CANbus power terminal TB12. What is the purpose of this terminal block?

If I have a N2K spine set up w power going into it form a 12Volt DC source, do I need to address this TB12 ?

Also, I plan on using a N2K drop cable into the TB11 CANbus block and connect all 5 wires w the other end connecting directly into the N2K spine. When would I need to terminate the white and blue wire w the provided resistor?

Thank you

What is the purpose of this terminal block?
It is in INPUT to allow NMEA 2000 bus power to be provided to a minibus, when running just a few NMEA 2000 items. It allows you not to have a power tee or large standard bus configuration.

If I have a N2K spine set up w power going into it form a 12Volt DC source, do I need to address this TB12 ?
No, you should NOT use TB12 if using a typical NMEA 2000 bus configuration like yours. TB12 will be left empty and unused.

Also, I plan on using a N2K drop cable into the TB11 CANbus block and connect all 5 wires w the other end connecting directly into the N2K spine. When would I need to terminate the white and blue wire w the provided resistor?
You only need that wire if your bus design needs the termination. ALL NMEA 2000 buses MUST have two terminations (and no more than two). The cable between the placed terminations is what is described as the "backbone". If your established NMEA 2000 bus has two termination points already DO NOT use the provide termination resistor. Doing so would put three terminations on your bus and that isn't allowed.

Back