711C installation - wiring questions

neversink2

Q1) The installation manual says to install a 120 ohm resistor in the CAN bus, "if required".
I'm using an Actisense N2K backbone with a 60 ohm resistor on each end, with one drop cable going to the FAP-7002 and another drop cable going to the PG-700 compass.
Does the Furuno supplied 120 ohm resistor still need to be installed or not?

Q2) I have also have 12VDC power going into the Actisense N2K backbone. Does the CAN bus power terminals still need to be connected on the FAP-7002 or will the CAN bus power run from the N2K backbone power supply?

Q1. In this case it's not necessary to install the resistor. However you can measure the resistance between the WHITE and BLUE wires. This should be approximately 60 Ohms.

Q2. The backbone needs to be powered, in this case, power the Actisense N2K backbone and you should be okay. The other option is more for folks who do not have the Actisense N2K backbone.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

I'm using an Actisense N2K backbone with a 60 ohm resistor on each end, with one drop cable going to the FAP-7002 and another drop cable going to the PG-700 compass.
It should be a 120 ohm at each end and when in parallel the bus is 60 ohms when put together.

Back