711C FAP 7002 wiring

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
711c/ FAP7002 wiring

Do I need to order a NMEA 2000 drop cable with bare wires? Or can I just cut the end off a standard drop cable?

left to right connections on the TB11 connector
1 shield-2 red-3 black-4 white-5 blue
with the resistor bridging the white and blue
this look right?

also I have an existing Raymarine rudder reference, it has red-green-blue-shield, what slots on the TB10 connector would I use?
Thanks

I found this , it is how to test the rudder reference, maybe it will help deciphering the wire colors

Red to Green 5k Ohms (5000 ohms, +/- 10%) steady
Blue to Red Approx. 1.6k to 3.3k ohms, roughly 2.5k ohms when the wheel is centred (+/-10%)
Blue to Green Approx. 3.3k to 1.6k ohms, roughly 2.5k ohms when the wheel is centred (+/-10%)

update
I worked on the installation today.

I cut off the end of an extra NMEA cable and made the connections as per the above post. Seems to be working great, I did use the resistor between the white and blue.

I also hooked up the Rudder reference,
on the TB10 I connected
1- red
2- blue
3-empty
4-green
5-shield

the rudder reference is working, and I have a reading from full port to full starboard. If there is a different set of connections please let me know.

Do I need to order a NMEA 2000 drop cable with bare wires? Or can I just cut the end off a standard drop cable?
Either way will work

left to right connections on the TB11 connector
1 shield-2 red-3 black-4 white-5 blue
with the resistor bridging the white and blue
this look right?

Yes, that is correct.

also I have an existing Raymarine rudder reference, it has red-green-blue-shield, what slots on the TB10 connector would I use?

Based on the information you provided it should be wired like this
TB10
Pin 1 = Red
Pin 2 = Blue
Pin 3 = Blue
Pin 4 = Green
Pin 5 = Screen/Shield wire

The blue wire will need to jumper between both pins 2 and 3 on TB10.

Back