Fantom Feedback for displacement hull

AKfisher

I have a navpilot 711c on my displacement hull vessel. I've read that Fantom Feedback is meant for outboards. However, I'm wondering is it an be be used in a pinch for a displacement hull with inboard engine and rudder.....For instance, if your RRU goes out while far from port. Can you set up Fantom Feedback to keep the AP working to some extent?

Also, is there any additional information available on how to use this feature besides what's in the manual?

Thanks!

I have a planing hull twin inboard boat and experienced a problem with the RRU. While awaiting a new one, I tried setting up the 711C with Fantom Feedback. Somewhat to my surprise, the autopilot steered very well. It worked fine while trolling at displacement speed so I think there is a very good chance it would work on your displacement hull boat too. It's a bit of a production to switch over the configuration but a good fallback in an emergency.

I have a planing hull twin inboard boat and experienced a problem with the RRU. While awaiting a new one, I tried setting up the 711C with Fantom Feedback. Somewhat to my surprise, the autopilot steered very well. It worked fine while trolling at displacement speed so I think there is a very good chance it would work on your displacement hull boat too. It's a bit of a production to switch over the configuration but a good fallback in an emergency.
That's great info. Thank you for the come back!

Back