FA50 with both TZT3 and NN3D?

wkearney99

Furuno Super Fan
Is it possible to share the AIS data from an FA50 with both a TZT3 and an MFD12 display?

The FA50 has both Ethernet and 0183, correct? Can I connect the FA50 via Ethernet to the TZT3 and then add a new 0183 connection into the MFD12?

I realize you can't connect both the TZT3 and MFD12 to the same ethernet network.

I'm doing a partial upgrade of a four MFD12 install where two TZT3-16 would replace an MFD12 at each station.

The MFD12 displays would be re-wired to use their own Ethernet connection (direct, most likely, as there'd be no other Ethernet devices for them to access).

Tangentially, there is an NMEA-2000 network for everything. Can a TZT3 retransmit the AIS data from Ethernet onto the N2K network so the MFD12 could use it? Assuming, of course, that the MFD12 would even know to listen for it via N2K. And also understanding that only ONE of the MFD12 can be connected to the N2K network.

Can one MFD12 that's getting AIS data from an FA50 via 0183 share that to another via Ethernet? Or am I looking at using an 0183 splitter to share the FA50 data between them?

Is it possible to share the AIS data from an FA50 with both a TZT3 and an MFD12 display?
The TZT3 and MFD12 (NN3D) can NOT share the same network. If you connect the 0183 output of the FA50 to the NN3D and the network to the TZT3; the same box can feed both systems.

Tangentially, there is an NMEA-2000 network for everything. Can a TZT3 retransmit the AIS data from Ethernet onto the N2K network so the MFD12 could use it? Assuming, of course, that the MFD12 would even know to listen for it via N2K. And also understanding that only ONE of the MFD12 can be connected to the N2K network.
The NN3D is not allowed to have more than one MFD on the same NMEA 2000 bus. The TZT3 can NOT retransmit AIS. AIS needs to come from the source device. If your two MFD12s are on the same Ethernet and connect 0183 AIS to one of them; both will have AIS.

Gotcha, I understood the ethernet scenario and was not planning on trying to have them both be on the same network.

I also understood the MFD12 cannot have more the one on the same N2K network.

You've answered my question here, that if I make a new 0183 connection from the FA50 into ONE of the MFD12 then it'll share the data to the other MDF12 via their own, separated Ethernet.

Thanks!

Back