ENGINE Monitor DISPLAY

wreckless

I have had a TZT14 since the first year it came out. I have always wanted to add the screen with engine and fuel displays. What sending equipment and other equipment would I need to be able to view my mechanically controlled Detroit Diesel engine temperature, rpm, fuel level and oil pressure. The engines have just been rebuilt but are 1980 vintage. Is it even possible?

I would recommend speaking with your engine manufacturer to see what options they have to provide engine data via NMEA 2000. You need engine data provided to your NMEA 2000 network to display the data.

Can you tell me if the RS11 - CANbus Engine Data Converter from the Noland catalog is compatible with the Furuno TZT14?

My engines have NMEA output so I can't help in that area. I did have a Phasor generator that did not have any NMEA output that I was having an intermittent shutdown issue with. I hooked up a Noland RS11 to the analog gauges to monitor the performance. I also hooked up a gemssensor to the raw water intake plugged into the flow on the RS11. The TZT14 immediately added the raw water intake information to the Data on fuel intake for my engines. Not certain, but the TZT was looking for instance 0,1,2,3 for fuel. I set my RS11 to instance 6 and the TZT no longer registered it as a fuel flow. I really like the RS11 product. It saved me from replacing the generator since monitoring the raw water intake showed that any speed above twenty knots my sea chest was starving for raw water. It would drop from 4 gallons a minute to .5. The temp would then spike which would trigger the high temp shutoff. Boatyard made a new intake grate that was angled and now the raw water stays constant at any speed. I use a maretron system to feed me all the details and with the RS11 I was able to convert my Phasor to a NMEA 2000 system for minimal cost. It should work fine as an interface with your older engines and the TZT product. Good luck

Back