Volvo Penta EDC engine hour display on TZT2

islandtime

I have my Volvo Penta TAMD 72 P-A engine data (two engines) on my NMEA 2K network via Yacht Devices YDES-04 devices. I am able to see engine RPM, turbo boost pressure, fuel flow, etc. on the TZT2's. Also included in the output to the network are the engine hours. (All outputs from these engines can be seen here: https://yachtdevicesus.com/blogs/news/ydes-04-installation-questions under column KAD). I can't seem to find a way to display this on my 2 X TZT2's. I believe I'm on software version 6.26. Any suggestions?

I can't say but I know there was a lot of engine support items added with newer software. You are several versions behind. Unless you are mixing with the older TZT series one; I would highly recommend upgrading your TZT2 units to V8 (v9 for TZT2BB).

Thanks, Johnny, I will upgrade the software. I don't have any older components, so no reason to not upgrade. Is there a way to find out what NMEA PGN's are supported in the new software? I can't find anything on Furuno's website.

Input PGNs are listed on the specifications page of the manual and the product brochure. You will find the software update is going to really add a lot to the unit.

I'm late to this thread and wondering if you have it working. I just installed the same gateway on my Volvo a D6 340 with a DPI drive. I have most everything up but at first couldn't get the fuel amount to display. I could get fuel percentage but not amount. I had to insert a micro sc card into the gateway and change a couple parameters. IE turn them on in the programming. In my case for tank volume it was set as default which is off. Put the tank capacity in, in liters and then was able to get that displayed on the Furuno screen....COOL!!!

The TZTouch2/3s support PGN: 127489. It's the same method for the FURUNO TZ Touch2 as it for the Touch3s. If the data is there, we should be able to render it. As you can see from this diagram, the TZ's will display Engine Hours.
enginehours.JPG

Pro tip: Go to Home > Settings > Initial Setup and Tap on Automatic Engine Setup if you haven't done so. This automatically presets the FURUNO for either single, double, etc. outboard motors.

- Maggy

Back