DRS6A-NXT not detected on TZTL16

Arrizqo

Hello everyone

I have DRS6A-NXT and Navnet TZTL16, for LAN connection I use Switch HUB (D-link).
I use Switch Hub (D-link) because it connects to a PC (computer)

The problem appears Switch Hub off (non-active), when TZTL16 and Radar DRS6A are active.
After we re-enabled the Switch Hub, the DRS6A Radar was not detected in the TZTL16 "Data Source" menu. (no radar) and on PC it can't be detected
- 24 VDC Radar Power Check in good condition
- LAN cable Radar good condition
- we have tested the DRS6A-NXT Radar, we connected it directly without Switch Hub to TZTL16, still not detected in Data Source (No Radar)

With these cases, I hope any more suggestions, options, instruction

Thank you

Hi Arrizqo,

:think

Have you tried swapping a different hub in the mix? This sounds like maybe a quirk with the hub itself.

Hello Sailor Moon
Thanks for replying

I probably haven't done it yet, but I can Ping (with IP number) TZTL16 with PC.
actually if any problem with Hub, the PC can't ping (Using IP number) TZTL16

We have tested the DRS6A-NXT Radar, we connected it directly without Switch Hub to TZTL16, still not detected in Data Source (No Radar)

If you have connected to the ethernet port on the TZT 16 and it is not detected, that would suggest an issue with the radar unit itself. You checked the input voltage from the 12/24V at the radar it seems. The DRS6A-NXT can operate on 12 or 24V unlike the higher powered DSR12A or 25A-NXT which require 24V.. Can you hear the internal fan in the radar pedestal running?

Make sure that you have the radar directly connected to the TZT ethernet port with everything powered off, then turn on the power and press the power button on the TZT 3. When you go to the "Sensor List" menu, also hit "Refresh" if you don't see the radar.

The other possibility is that you have a faulty power/LAN cable .

Hello Quitsa
Thanks for replaying

- DRS6A-NXT using 24VDC
The input voltage uses 24Vdc because the antenna cable is more than 15 meters, in manual installation the 12Vdc
input voltage uses less than 15 meters antenna cable

- yes, I can hear the internal fan radar working

" Connected to the TZT ethernet port with everything powered off, then turn on the power and press the power button on the TZT 3. When you go to the Sensor List menu, also hit Refresh "
I finished trying this option, but after 1 - 2 minutes the radar is not detected anymore

maybe my cable radar has some faults, What makes me doubtful is that this is a new item, I've only tried it for 2 days

The only other suggestion I have is to do a full "hard" factory reset on your TZT 3 and see if that helps. It isn't too likely but it is possible that it has some problem in its settings or software that is preventing it from seeing the radar on the ethernet port. If you go to the Furuno website and find the downloads for the TZT 3 software update, the instructions also explain how to do a factory reset. It is quite simple.

When you look at the "sensor" menu on the TZT 3, is the radar not listed at all or is it "grey out" and not available?

Thanks Quitsa

- I've tried this, factory reset is in the " initial setup " menu, nothing happens

- yes, I upgraded the software before ver. 20.01 to 20.05, and nothing happens either

- after radar power reset, Navnet TZTL detects the DRS6A-NXT radar (white color) but after 2 minutes it turns gray and I can't select it

That's not the type of reset I meant. There is a more complete reset to original factory condition as the unit came from the package. That is accessed through the "Service Manager" from settings.

It is good to save your settings to a USB memory stick before doing this so you can easily restore them.

thanks Quitsa

for "service manager" requires a login password. For the service technician only. i don't have a password/key

Thanks, Quitsa

yap, I have done for Factory Reset from SERVICE Mode TZTL16 and nothing happens, DRS radar does not connect

I got information from a radar technician, there is an SPU and Power part that might be trouble (inside radar)

That sounds like the array wasn't sealed and water got in. The power board is normally the first one to have problems when water gets inside. Hopefully they get you going.

Johnny Electron":3f3f59vs said:
That sounds like the array wasn't sealed and water got in. The power board is normally the first one to have problems when water gets inside. Hopefully they get you going.

He made it sound as though it was a brand new unit so it wouldn't have had much opportunity to get water damage.

yep I'm Trying with Factory Reset from Service Manager.

it's the same does nothing change, after radar power reset, Navnet TZTL detects the DRS6A-NXT radar (white color) but after 2 minutes it turns gray and I can't select it

so I tried to open the cover radar, after that, I see so many Component boards.
my focus on where is the LAN cable is connected. then I put out that component, I found a " tactile switch " it looks like mini push button.
note: - disconnect LAN cable radar to TZT
- power radar on
- all cables in radar must be connected (just put out the component)

push and hold "tactile switch" 1 minute,
reassemble the components then close the radar cover

now connect LAN radar to TZT, look at Sensor List
if you don't look at the radar device, Klik Refresh

Back