DRS25A/ PSU013/ TZT2BB

sdonx

Furuno Fan
I changed out my MFDBB for a TZT2BB. I am in the process of changing my DRS6A for a DRS25A with a PSU-13. I just noticed an extra set of wires needed for the 25A, blue and red that go to P305 in the radar, making this swap out harder than originally planned.
Is P305 needed with a TZT2BB/ PSU-13? I read another post about power sync?
What does P305 do?
I will also have to get the 001-183-760-00 HX connector assembly for this install, correct?

The radar and power supply should have the needed connector but it sounds like you are talking about the high voltage line needed by the DRS25A scanner to the power supply. That carries over 500 volts so treat it with respect. I recommend consulting page S-1 Interconnection diagram whenever you go to wire it up. Sounds like a nice upgrade. I guess you got a deal on the DRS25A rather than go with NXT, which is cool. You will love the new 2BB. Are you going to convert the MFDBB MCU001 control into a MCU005?

I got a great deal, and split the cost with my brother in law who took my DRS6 and the Navnet 3D MFD's. Now he's a Furuno Fan.

The TZT2BB came with a MCU005...also a great deal.

Looks like I will need to pull the correct cable, the boats a 2004 so it may not be as bad, the DRS was probably an upgrade also.

Hit a snafu. The power light on the PSU is not on when I apply power.
Does the interconnection and network wires need to be connected, meaning the software turns the unit and light on?
This answer would save me time trouble shooting.

I also should note I do not have the J7 jumper. Is there a schematic of this jumper. can I field fab a jumper?

The jumper just shorts the two pins together. You can make your own short or get a jumper from a Furuno dealer (001-183-760-00)

Success the jumper did the trick. Now to upgrade to 1.8 and get the Birdfinder mode.
Thanks Mr. Electron :respect

sdonx":9qmyn2cc said:
Now to upgrade to 1.8 ...

Still got that MFDBB lying around?

It is actually much easier to update the radar via the navnet3d bb than by any other method. Otherwise, If you update by PC, don't forget to disable everything (firewalls, pop-up blockers, antivirus, etc) before running the updater.

Best of luck, :sail

- Maggy

Great advice Mag, We struggled updating to the 1.18. Tried every MFD and a PC too, we could not get to take. I still do have the mfdbb, I will give that a shot.

It's tackled in the 2.07 NN3D Incremental update, if you search this forum you'll find a few threads related to this.

Best of luck, :sail

- Maggy

Failure: Near impossible for me to get this done. Really wanted bird mode, too many hours spent trying all the ways to update, all very intense and difficult. I will have to call and schedule a trained professional.

Have it sent in to Furuno's Camas, WA service repair center. The repair center could probably get it updated and returned back in less time than when this thread originally started.

- Maggy

Good point Mag, thx. I am going to give support a call next. I will let you guys know how that goes.

IMHO,

The service repair center route should be the quickest and easiest route, Summer time is always the worst time to go "find a dealer." They're all already booked up with "boats loads of problems from last year." :wink7 :lol:

- Maggy

Back