Display Options

sbirdrob

I have a boat coming that doesn’t have a dash large enough to fit a flush mount TZT3 12”

Would a Black Box connected to a generic third party touch screen work ?

Is it possible to mirror a generic screen at a second helm station at the cockpit from a flush mounted TZT3 inside the cabin?

Thanks!

A TZT2 12 is smaller than a TZT3 12 and would be a vastly cheaper solution with all of the same capabilities except for the PBG bottom charting if you have a DFF-3D. Yes, they run a bit slower but it is not really an issue especially if you aren't going back and forth between a TZT 2 and TZT 3. I have TZT 3 16s at my main helm and a TZT 2 12" in my tower helm because I couldn't fit a TZT3 12" up there. I notice the speed difference but usually I am just leaving it set with a split sounder/chart screen. The speed is only an issue when you are changing displays or settings and as I said, the TZT2 with the current software is perfectly okay.

A true waterproof marine sunlight viewable touch screen monitor and black box will be a very costly installation.

sbirdrob":2u54uznq said:
Would a Black Box connected to a generic third party touch screen work ?

It will work, just be mindful you get a display that is rated for marine use.

sbirdrob":2u54uznq said:
Is it possible to mirror a generic screen at a second helm station at the cockpit from a flush mounted TZT3 inside the cabin?

Thanks!

It is possible to "mirror" a generic screen at a second helm from the TZ3's HDMI output. It is also possible to use local wifi and screen-share the TZTouch 3 with an Apple iPad.

Hope this helps, :sail

-Maggy

Back