DFF3-UHD Stabilization.

Scotty B

Looking at getting the DFF3-UHD and just want to know if I can get stabilization fed into it from my SCX-21 in the same way my FCV-1150 gets stabilization.

The SCX21 information would need to be wired into the Furuno IF-NMEA2k2 and dropped onto the NavNet NMEA 2000 bus, so that the heaving data will be translated and used on the NavNet network sounder.

Hello Johnny thanks very much for your reply.
I currently have a DFF3D onboard and it gets NMEA 0183 stabilization data from my SCX21 running through Timezero Pro software.
Are you saying the DFF3-UHD can not get stabilization from the SCX21 in the same way as the DFF3D?
Thanks

The DFF3-UHD doesn't have 0183 inputs nor do the Furuno TZ MFDs. (Noting that the SCX21 only provides 0183)
When the stabilization data is on the 2000 bus the MFD will send that data by network to the sounder for stabilization. The unit does support heaving control. If you don't have a Furuno MFD, then you are asking the wrong folks. I can't speak for Nobeltec TimeZero support about if their software will feed that data to the sounder or not. I would think it would but you would need to ask them. From the Furuno sounder side, the feature is supported but I can't say if that unit and stabilization is supported by them.

Back