Consistently locking up, crashing, and rebooting after ~4hrs

mattology

Furuno Super Fan
My TZT12F is consistently crashing and rebooting after running about 4 hours.

the following components are on and active when it's happening

DFF3D+PBG
2d sounder with heaving compensation
drs4dnxt radar
nmea2000 network

the sister TZT9F mounted just above it doesn't crash, but when the 12 crashes, the 9 starts saying charts master lost, and then I start having network errors even after the 12 boots back up so I reboot them both.

it seems like it's a memory leak to me , but who knows. it's more annoying than anything but when i am using a "fish it" i can lose that spot if it was on the 12 and that can be irritating

either way just wanted to list it, you guys probably already know about it

The parent company has found a problem recently when looking into a support customer's case. While the customer had duplicate waypoints, instance conflicts and other findings they also did find that a software problem with memory if running the DFF3D with 3D history and other screens for very long periods. They said the next version of software will address that finding/issue.

That's about what i expected.

I have multiple catches located almost on the same spot, but not the same spot. I *MIGHT* have duplicate waypoints. Not sure how to do a filter and delete of any duplicates just yet. I am hoping the easiest way would be through either the tz cloud or iBoat, but i haven't found it yet.

Back