Confused with Upgrading Raster and Vector

S

sunderhill

Dear Furunos: I'm a Raymarine convert, but having trouble figuring out the upgrades to the loaded Vector and Raster charts that come with the 3D. The preinstalled Vector chart is lacking in detail and the Raster chart is not clear. I'd like to upgrade, but after spending a considerable amount of time on the Furuno webpage, I truly don't know the best way to proceed. On Raymarine products, you simply purchase a chart for your specific area, install and whala! Seems more complicated with Furuno. It appears to me that you have to have a dealer download the data. Help! Oh, and what is all this "unlocking" I read about? I'm in Southern California and would like the coast of CA and Baja.

Thanks for taking time to help me figure out what I need to do.

Scott

The charts you are looking for are probably already loaded into your MFD, but are looked. Furuno provides free raster and vector of the USA using the NOAA catalog.
Charts produced by 3rd party companies require the purchase of an “unlock code” to view. For your concern you should purchase the Jeppesen/C-Map version MM3-VNA-024. You should see it in your chart catalog as SDVJNAM024MAP03.

Contact the dealer you purchased the system from or any authorized Furuno dealer. Give them the chart number and your system ID, found on your My NavNet menu page, and they will order you an unlock code.

Back