Cmap fishing vs. wide charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondricek

New owner of TZTL12F here.

Other than and extra $150, what is different between:

C-Map by Jeppesen Map Fishing Chart – US West Coast and Hawaii. Vector charts MM3-FNA-024

and

C-Map by Jeppesen MapMedia Wide Chart - U.S. West Coast, Hawaii and Baja Mexico. Vector charts, plus standard resolution satellite photos for Baja Mexico MM3-VNA-024

My application is fishing mostly within 25 miles of the coast. Looking for best bottom data.

Thanks,

Doug

Right now if you order the Navigation chart MM3-VNA-024, you will automatically be provided MM3-FNA-024 licence free. One is a Navigation chart with limited bathy data. The other is high res fishing bathy (no Navigational data).

dondricek,

I would recommend that you take a look at MM3-V91-2P0. Its a Navionics Mega-Wide Chart, that covers the US West Coast including Hawaii, and has very detailed Marine Protection Areas and Boundaries.

- Deep Blue :)

>>>I would recommend that you take a look at MM3-V91-2P0. Its a Navionics Mega-Wide Chart, that covers the US West Coast including Hawaii, and has very detailed Marine Protection Areas and Boundaries.

- Deep Blue :)<<<<

I hope to save other West Coast users some pain.

This ^^^^ is absolutely horrendous advice. I wasted $250 on this Navionics product only to find out that it is basically just nav charts. Depth contours near shore are at ~60' intervals. Totally useless product for fishing. Of course, Furuno won't work with my dealer to make this right. I'm the proud owner of the $250 unlock code for a worthless product that they won't swap for something more useful.

From what I now understand, the Navionics products for the TXTL12F on the East Coast have pretty good detail, but not for the West Coast.

My dealer also led me to Navionics because they have good products on other platforms. He felt bad so he cut me a deal on the Cmap fishing charts, but I have to say I am underwhelmed by them too. Depth contours are 6' intervals.

I was running Navionics Platinum Plus on my previous boat on a different vendor's gear and the level of bottom detail was an order of magnitude better than even the fishing charts on the Furuno.

At this point I'm really questioning my switch to Furuno. How is it possible that there are no decent West Coast charts available for their flagship MFD for the recreational market? This is a huge problem that needs to be addressed ASAP and they need to make owners of the current junk whole when something better gets ported.

My bad for not researching better before switching. I actually returned new gear from another vendor before installing because I thought the Sabiki mode on the AP looked to be a game changer.

We maintain a productive and helpful tone here on this forum, focusing on answers. Sometimes it might not be the answer you want but no need to punish those trying to help. Axe grinding belongs elsewhere. Unresolved issues should be properly addressed within Furuno's normal official support channels. Have you discussed your concern(s) directly with support service manager? I am sure they can offer some sort of a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back