chrip transducer selection-small boat

A

Anonymous

Hello to everyone
I live in cyprus I fish in mediterranean sea and I want your suggestion about what transducer to install in my boat. My boat is a rib 6m long. I fish mainly from 30 meters up to 150 meters.
occasionally i may go for deep fishing up to 600m but 3-4 times per year. But mainly 30-150m..
I want to upgrade to chirp so i need your opinion on which transducer i must choose.
from my personal experience i have found very helpfull the angle beam of 12 degrees in my p66 transducer.

Aggeloscyp,
The two choices I would consider would be either the B-265 or B-275. The 12 degree beam out of the P-66 is the 200Khz side. Neither of the Chirps transducers have that beam width. The HF of the B-265 is 4 degrees and the HF of the B-275 is 25, both have the same LF beam width.

Snips

Thank you snips.
The 25hz beam of 200hz have the diassantvantage that it loses high detail of smaller beam angles or in chirp this is not happening?

What about b765? I will work almost exclusively the 200hz

Aggeloscyp,
The B-765 is a 600 watt transducer and is not compatible with the UHD. Here in the US the 275 is gaining in popularity because of its wider HF beam width.

Snips

Attachments

• 265-275.jpg
    265-275.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 1,952
Snips thank you very much for the response
According to b175w I have some concerns please be so kind to help me with
1) I almost work exclusively the 200khz until 150m because of the better detail. Will b175w HF operate fine at that depths?
2)because of the wide beam will I lose bottom outline detail?
3) as I fish for red sea breams and they tend to lie in the side of rocks should I be concerned about Masking the effect of such a wide angle?

Aggeloscyp,
Sorry I have never tested the UHD with a B-175. If you are fishing on uneven seabed's I would recommend as narrow of beam possible.

Snips

Aggeloscyp,
As you can see from this screen shot the HF of the B-265 will do a better job.

Snips

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,920
Back