Chart zooms in and out on its own

B

Btobin

Hello, I have had my Furuno TZ touch for several years. The screen likes to zoom in and out on its own, usually at the most inconvenient time making my chart go to small scale on its own. When I set it it so the chart is the size I want it often reverts back to a smaller scale on its own. Is there a fix for this annoying problem?

No, I don’t even have Radar on. The chart just seems to decide to change scale on its own. Usually right after I zoom in and it just try’s to revert to the scale it was on. If I zoom in and and it changes back I usually just zoom in again until it settles on scale I want. It’s rather painful. Especially when I’m solo and mid channel.

Is there any other user out there with same problem? I was mid channel yesterday at a critical point at night where I needed large scale to see locations and it zoomed out to small scale and I had to leave helm quickly to re zoom in. This is a dangerous issue.

Although you don't currently have the radar on, it might have radar overlay selected with the radar range link on. This will cause it. I suspect this is your problem. If it isn't, you should contact Tech Support while at the boat so they can talk you through troubleshooting steps.

Back