Can i extend the range of GC-001 gestur controler

kimthesax

I have a 30 foot boat and can not use the gesture control from the front of my boat. Can I add an antenna or somthing to increase the range?

I have a 30 foot boat and can not use the gesture control from the front of my boat. Can I add an antenna or somthing to increase the range?
You can relocate the processor. On the GC, press the wrench button > System Menu > Diagnostic > BT TEST. If the BLE is lower than "-80 dBm" then keep relocating the processor until you reach the proper threshold of -80 dBm or higher.

ref.: P.1-6 Navpilot 300 IME

- Maggy

You can relocate the processor. On the GC, press the wrench button > System Menu > Diagnostic > BT TEST. If the BLE is lower than "-80 dBm" then keep relocating the processor until you reach the proper threshold of -80 dBm or higher.

ref.: P.1-6 Navpilot 300 IME

- Maggy
It is at the best possible place for middle and back of the boat, problem is for the front of the boat. Unless i place it on deck it will not reach. I was really hoping for a solution to extend the range.

It is at the best possible place for middle and back of the boat, problem is for the front of the boat. Unless i place it on deck it will not reach. I was really hoping for a solution to extend the range.
Anyone is free to experiment with any generic extenders available on the market. However, as Johnny said, Furuno USA doesn't offer an extender nor do we have any particular one to recommend. If you find something that works, please let us know.

- Maggy

Back