Autopilot Recommendation

pfrith44

I have a 23-25 foot CC with a single f300 and bracket. I also use a GP1971F. I'm considering installing an autopilot solution for my boat. My CC is rather heavy(4500 lbs w/o engine). I have seastar hydraulic steering. Since I'm new to AP's, what pump would you suggest for type of solution? Lastly, is there a "bundle" type of configuration I can purchase which includes all the components necessary for me to get my new AP up and running?

Thanks
PF

Good questions. To start can you look at the single bracket of yours and find the steering cylinder? To spec the pump we need to know the size of the cylinder in cubic inches. If not marked with size, maybe get the model number off of it and we can see what we can find. On the surface the NavPilot 300 is most likely going to be the choice and they would have some packages that come with the pump. We first need to figure out what pump you would be needing.

Mr Wire.
I have attached a picture of my SeaStar cylinder. Might you be in a postion to recommend the corresponding pump for a NAVPilot-300 AP solution for my boat?
Thank You.

Attachments

• SeaStart.jpg
    SeaStart.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 11
This HC5358 cyl uses 8.34 cubic inches, so I would recommend the PUMPOCT10-12 for the boat. That being said if you are looking for a full pilot package, the NAVpilot 300/PG-S would be the package that would give you that pump, pilot and heading sensor needed.

Mr Wire and Mr. Electron:

Thanks for the feedback and recommendations I'll look over the package you both suggested. I plan to integrate the AP to my existing GP1971F via N2K and use some of the instrument screens on my FF/CP. Furuno has the absolute best products and customer support on the planet.
Thanks again.

The NP300 will make a good combo with the GP1971F. We appreciate the positive comments and we will continue to try living up to that.

Back