Black Box Sounder

pkmats

I just purchased a TZTouch3 with DFF3D and 165T/265LH-pm488-12 pin transducer. Do I also need to purchase a DFF1-UHD for this set up? You input is much appreciated.

pkmats":2o7evh17 said:
I just purchased a TZTouch3 with DFF3D and 165T/265LH-pm488-12 pin transducer. Do I also need to purchase a DFF1-UHD for this set up? You input is much appreciated.

As funny as it sounds, this wouldn't be a bad idea if you wanted to use the internal sounder of the TZ Touch 3 for something else.

- Maggy

Thank you for the prompt reply however unsure as to what you mean. What else would I use the internal sounder for? Sorry, new to this whole thing. Thanks

My 165t xducer also has 50/200 elements and needed to plug into another sounder - I'm using the internal sounder on one of my TZT3's.

I suppose you "could" plug it into the UHD instead of the TZT3, but not sure what benefit that would provide.

You said you had the 165T/265LH-PM488-12P?
The non-DFF3D part of that transducer has a 12 pin connection designed to go right to the back of the TZT3 MFD (12/16/19). If you wanted or needed to; the connector could be cut off and it wired into a DFF1-UHD external sounder.

pkmats":3pgcx5ng said:
Thank you for the prompt reply however unsure as to what you mean. What else would I use the internal sounder for? Sorry, new to this whole thing. Thanks

In case you had something you really needed plugged into the internal sounder of the TZT3 instead ;) , or from a performance standpoint, a dedicated sounder performs better than a sounder where the device is managing other things as well.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back