BBWX4

scrapper03

Currently, my XM radio/weather is not active, and I want to activate it; it has been active and working in the past. However, currently, on the preview channel for XM radio, I am getting nothing, and under diagnostics for XM radio, I see no antenna signal. Can anyone confirm that when your service is inactive with the Furuno BBWX4 you are receiving audio over the preview channel and that you show signal on the XM radio diagnostic page? I don't want to activate it if I have an equipment issue.

If it shows in the sensor list, it is seen by the system. If working the preview channel should be there. If it has no audio, then your cables or audio device might have an issue. It is also possible the audio out on the BBWX4 has been damaged. I would connect up a headset or amplified speakers direct to the BBWX4 to test the port. If working you would need to troubleshoot down the line. If not working, the BBWX4 would need to be evaluated. Make sure to turn up the volume on the MFD pre-view channel screen to increase the line audio so it can be heard. Regardless of subscription the unit should be seen on the sensor list if networked properly. I have seen Fusion aux port go bad on my fathers boat that kept his from working.

Same experience for me with regards to prior to activation, I had a signal and audio through the preview channel. Once you get it figured out when you do activate, be sure to request the 2 free months presently offered by SiriusXM Marine.

Back