Any way to pull waypoints from a 1650?

ReBait1

My 1650 DGPS is an amazing unit. I still am using it 20 years after purchase. Is there any method which will allow me to pull off my numbers? I've tried to back up taking pictures/and or loading important numbers into other units....but it would be great if I could take them all.

BTW it's the most amazing unit. Yes a little slow but even today I find it more helpful then it's replacement.

I have printed out Andren seamarks info and am studying it.

I own a couple USB to serial adapters and it appears I need to have a NMEA 0183 adapter on one end, a USB port on other side.
I own 2 old Map 76 handheld gps's and use to upload and download to garmin waypoint manager. I still have all those older numbers form mh HH's.....but everything stopped transferring when 32 bit encryption doubled to 64. But I still have cables!
Am pretty sure the circular adapter with 4 pin holes will plug into my 1650 NMEA port?

Hmmm...so if I download seamarks and take my mac to my boat I might be able to pull those points off??
That would be a fantastic

I purchased the SeaMarks program.Thanks to this site I was able to see older posts answering this question. And Andren's web pages explained that I should be able to move waypoints in between machines as well. Just being able to save 20 years worth of secret spots is worth it's weight in gold to me.

Now I will have to find out id a 64 bit Mac can communicate with a 1999 1650!!

Page S1 in the installation manual is the interconnection drawing that shows all the connections. The units have 2 NMEA ports. One is a 6 pin and the other is a 7 pin connection. These are the NMEA cables normally used.

6pin NMEA cable 000-154-054
7pin NMEA cable 000-154-028

Back