DFF1-UHD and TM275LH-W settings

jessembowen

I have been coming here for over a year to read and learn. It's amazing what one can pick up about the "best" settings, transducer placement, even better fishing tips. Thanks to everyone who contributes and helps out on this board. I know it does not need to be said, but, Thanks!

I am pretty happy with my electronics setup, however I feel like my transducer settings are not correct in my DFF1-UHD sounder (via the MFD12 install wizard interface). This is because the DFF1-UHD only has default settings for the 265 transducer.

I have been told that using the TM275LH-W transducer should not cause a problem (the 275 is the only transducer listed on the Furuno website with the DFF1-UHD).
As a side note, the orange transducer wire is not connected, and the system reads depth, etc with no problems (pic at bottom). Last weekend I updated the firmware for all of the components (MFD to 2.13, SC30 to 3.02, sadly, no updates are available for the DFF1) but nothing changed in the sounder configuration.

I cannot seem to determine the actual numbers that need to be input into the installation wizard (on the MFD12) when under the sounder/DFF1-UHD tab.

The numbers required are for Low Frequency and High Frequency.
However, the input area references that the number input needs to be calculated.
(divided, or something)
So, if a TM275LH-W transducer has a low of 42 to 65 KHz, and a high from 150 to 250 KHz, how does one come up the with single number that goes into the field?

I considered just setting it for the default 265 transducer, but the frequencies are a little different and I didn't know if this would cause issues or not use the 275 transducer at its best. (265 transducer settings: low 42-65, high 130-210)

Any help with this would be awesome! Plus I can quit worrying that I am missing fish because of some fouled up setting on my part!

My setup:
28' Defiance
MFD12
SC30 (connected through DRS4d)
GP-320B
DFF1-UHD
TM275LH-W (Transom Mount 275)
Hub101
Nobeltec TZ

Thanks!
Jesse

dff1-UHD_wizard.JPG

sample_opt1.jpg

(Since taking this picture, I have quit using Accu-Fish and started trying to read my unit better, its a work in progress)

Jessembowen,
You will be fine using the B-265 setting for the 275. Just know the DFF1-UHD's ACCU-FISH and Bottom Discrimination modes were built around the UHD using the B-265 transducer. This means even though you have access to those modes the size and bottom type information will probably be inaccurate. Also using the AF or BD modes uses both frequencies even if you are only viewing the sounder in full screen low or high frequency.

Hope this helps, if you have any additional questions let us know.

Snips

Well, I appreciate the candor!

I guess it's time to look into a 265 as I would like the BD (and possibly the AF) to work correctly.

Everything else works great, Thanks for the quick response!

Back