... another NavNet Remote APP Q.

K_McIntosh

So, I searched here for 'N-Remote' (for use on a Samsung GALAXY S7 edge smartphone running Android 8.0.0) w. multiple TZT12F MFDs, 1 each on different launches I run), then read Tommyman's thread
(https://furunousaforum.com/threads/tzt3-and-navnet-remote-app.7689/).
The Reply info presented there by Admin Johnny Electron was very helpful in getting the MFDs Settings fundamentals established and connecting successfully with N-Remote (v. 1.0.8.0).
However, even with 'Full Control' selected under Settings > General > Allow Remote Control, I don't seem to be able to really control anything on the TZT12F from my smartphone ... even if I cycle N-Remote through its' various display capabilities ... HD, LD & SD.
I assume I should be able to effect full control of any given MFD from the phone once I am connected with N-Remote and viewing the MFDs display on my phone, so, what do you suppose I am missing here?
Thanks, Kevin Mc
P.S. I expect someone will invariably ask what MFD software version I am at on my various launches, so, to that end, I'll attach a sample photo of the 1st Quick Self Test screen output on one of the launches I run (from: Settings > Initial Setup > Quick Self Test).
My boats are all typically up to date MFD software-wise.

Attachments

• 20240624_113617.jpg
    20240624_113617.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
That's correct. N-Remote will allow allow full control from a tablet or larger device. Phones are allowed viewing but too small to provide effective touch control. You would want to seek out an android or iOS tablet if you want to control the unit.

Thank you J E for your prompt Reply ... I'm not sure which other thread here (or other Furuno resource) I read with that same info but as soon as I read your Reply it clicked for me ... thanks for the reminder. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (2020 - shipped with Android 10 with One UI 2.1, and is currently on Android 13 with One UI 5.1.1) I can consider packing around and will test with it once I load the N-Remote APP on it.

On another matter, I have one boat whose TZT12F MFD will not connect via N-Remote with that same smartphone (even just for viewing ... the APP finds the connected LAN but hangs in 'Connecting' mode endlessly) for some reason, all other factors being equal ... I followed your advice about renaming the individual MFDs by appending the boat names to make each unique, however, now I'm wondering if there are special character limitations for the Settings > General > Wireless LAN Settings > LOCAL NETWORK SETTINGS > 'Name' field. i.e. are the characters '_', '.' & (spaces) allowed?

Or, could there be some other factor interfering here that I have not already addressed?

Thanks, K Mc

At least until you prove the signal isn't too low or that there is a hardware problem, it would be recommended to keep the names and logins simple without any special characters. Once you get comfort that everything is working as it should, then you can go back and get fancy with your naming and passwords and if it has an issue you know that you pushed it too far.

Back