TZT3 and NavNet Remote APP

Tommyman

Recently purchased a TZT3 19 MFD with Version 2 software. Not installed on my boat yet, but have the unit operating at home in a bench setup environment with 12 vdc supplied and only a NMEA 2000 bus network connected. Set up the MFD wireless LAN in LOCAL mode, set the MFD to DEMO mode and separately booted the N=Remote and N-Viewer apps (not simultaneously) on my iPad Pro. N-Viewer app appears to work fine, but the N-Remote app presents a "Searching for NAVNET" message on the home screen when booted. Changing the app operating mode and/or screen resolution has no effect.

I followed the most recent TZ/TZT2 app guide (Version 6) in setting this up. I am using a first generation (2015) iPad Pro operating with iOS 14.6. Booting the Remote app on an iPhone X (also with iOS 14.6) results in the same symptom.

Since the N-Viewer app is working, it would seem the LOCAL mode wireless interface between the MFD and my iOS devices is functioning properly. I remember seeing a previous thread (TZT2 board?) regarding a compatibility issue with one of the apps using iOS devices with version 14.x software but Apple made a software change that corrected the issue.

Looking for thoughts and suggestions on possible causes and/or solutions.

There were some problems but Apple resolved them with exception to some newer iPhone devices and the TZT Series one. I am not aware of any problems currently with TZT3 in relation to the APPs. It could be related to using an old tablet because the Remote app requires some horsepower. Normally if you get an old tablet working, it would be poor resolution and not with the time. I will get our tablet and test with the TZT3 today and let you know what happens with ours.

Sorry that I forgot to follow up. We tested with the newest gen ipad (not Pro) and the iphone SE both with 14.6 OS. They worked just fine. You might try your's again. For people who have never done it I recommend they change the wifi password on the TZT3 machine to "12345678". Ensure that the wifi is turned to ON and that it say "Create Local Network". It is a good idea to change the name of the machine so it isn't mistaken for the same model on another boat or another unit on your network.

Another thought...

Please check the setting
Setting -> General -> Allow Remote Control

I would recommend full control. It could be that someone has set yours to OFF.

Setting REMOTE CONTROL setting to FULL did the trick! N-Remote app now working.

Nice Catch! Never would have played with that setting. :respect

Thank you for the extra effort to reach back with that additional thought.

Who do I talk to @ Furuno to get you a raise?

Back