711c ETA different

Bayhouse

Furuno Super Fan
I noticed that the ETA displayed on the 711c is different (wrong, +4hrs) than the info displayed on the TZT3.

Found another thread on here that talked about PGN 129033 being needed and confirmed that PGN is enabled "ON" on the N2K menu. I opened up the 711c config page and 129033 was not highlighted (but I wasn't navigating either). Suggestions for getting the info displayed correctly?

Where do you get your time and date from (PGN 129033)? It needs to be on the 2000 bus from something (normally the GPS) so that the pilot can pick it up to use it.

Basically if your TZT3 is your GPS source, you will want to go to the TZT3 and turn ON the 129033 PGN to allow it over onto your NMEA 2000 bus. HOME - SETTINGS - INITIAL SETUP - NMEA 2000 PGN OUTPUT - and ensure that you have turned ON PGN# 129033.

I assume the SCX-20 is my GPS source (the 19" displays do not have GPS).

129033 is already turned on in the PGN output.

Where do I set the source for date/time? This must already be on the bus as the TZT3 had the correct date/time/ETA.

Yes, the SCX20 provides time to the bus. It is really uncommon for anyone to use the autopilot as a display for time. I was hoping if the NavNet sent time over the pilot would possibly use the same time offset but apparently it won't. The pilot only shows UTC time. There is no time offset possibility in the autopilot. If used to show time; it will always show UTC.

Ok, thanks for clarifying this Johnny. I don't really use the AP for time display, I just noticed the difference and it bugged me so I pursued clarification. That said, no reason why the AP shouldn't adopt the time off-set - I'll add this as a recommendation.

Back