NavPilot 711C software update

Pthein

Furuno Super Fan
Trying to download the updated software for the NavPilot 711C from the Furuno website but the file I get is different than the files shown in the software update procedures.

I get a zip file that when extracted shows:

NP711C Software P127 C 108 file folder
>FAP7011C_App_01.08
>_getport
>_intuppg
>APP.BIN
>Dev_Com.dll
>DUMMY.BIN
>read me
>s0.bin
>UP
>uppg

>FAP7011C_App_01.27
>_getport
>_intuppg
>APP.BIN
>Dev_Com.dll
>DUMMY.BIN
>NAVPilot-700
>read me
>s0.bin
>UP
>uppg

According to the software update instructions I should have two zip files..

_udp_p.zip
_udp_c.zip

I’ve downloaded and extracted twice but I can’t get/find the two zip files. What am I doing wrong? Is the link on the Furuno site correct?

Phil

You have already gone past the two main file folder zip files.

_udp_p.zip (zip file for the processor files, which you have properly shown)
_udp_c.zip (zip file for the controller files, which you have properly shown)
(P= Processor C= Controller)

You have both programming sets. It looks like you are setup. It is just the folders might now have a better description than they offered in the past.

So if I have the proper files, once hooked up with the usb cable and I install the driver, what file do I click on to start the upgrade process? UP? UPPG?

>FAP7011C_App_01.08
>_getport
>_intuppg
>APP.BIN
>Dev_Com.dll
>DUMMY.BIN
>read me
>s0.bin
>UP
>uppg

UP.bat file is what is needed to be executed. You might not see the ".bat" if you PC has the file extensions hidden.

Ok so just to make sure I have the correct info, after initially connecting the usb cable and installing the driver, I will go to the folder FAP7011C_App_01.27 and click UP.bat to update the processor, and under the folder FAP7011C_App_01.08 Click UP.bat to update controllers?

Just a little different than the software update procedure document on the Furuno USA website since my folders are named slightly differently.

Thanks for the help!

Phil

Yes but ensure everything is fully unzipped on your PC, do not try running the update with anything in zip format. Note that you have the color controller software so if you have any non-color displays; take then off and upgrade them later with the proper software. When programming the displays understand that the processor is programming them so they normally won't show status and takes while to update. Don't interrupt either programming process.

I have two color controllers. Understand they update slower due to having to transmit through the processor to the controller. Approximately how long should each controller take?

Back