295 to a b265Lh

A

Anonymous

Can you hook a 265Lh to a 295??I have read here you can hook up a 1150 but nothing on the 295.With the 1150 how was the preformance with the B265Lh??,compared to a B260?little better.thanks Mike

Daybreak,
The TAP settings for the 1150 and 295 are the same for the 265LH series. Set both the LF & HF for TAP "A". Personally I think the LF side of the 265 works better at 42Khz and the HF at 130Khz.

Snips

Do you think the 130kh is better for fish tight to the bottom??I have alaways found the 200kh better,but I don't know.We only fish 100 to 150 ft.How would I wire it for 42kh on the low side and 130kh on the high.Also how to wire it 42 on the low and 200 on the high.I already have a b265lh installed in the boat Thank you Mike

Daybreak,
The wiring is the same. Just set it for 42Khz instead of 50Khz. The beauty of the FCV-295 is you can try different frequencies to see how it effects fish detection.

Snips

Hello,Trying to decide a 1150 or 295 hooked to a B265Lh.I know the 1150 has bottom discrimination mode.Does the 295??Thanks,Mike

Daybreak,
Both the 1150 and 295 have a Bottom Discrimination mode, however it is different than than the BD mode in the 627/587/BBDS1. In the 627/587/BBDS1 the BD mode will classify the bottom into four different catagorys i.e. Mud, Sand, Gravel or Rock. The BD mode on the 295/1150 is more of a split screen & Zoom mode thats bottom locks the seabed in the middle of the zoom display. This allows you to better see the tail of the bottom to determine its hardness. Sorry, I realize it is a little confusing.

Snips

Hello, just got my new 295.Very excited...How do I wire it to a b265Lh.I have 10 wires coming out of the transducer.Orange,white,black and white ,black,blue,blue and white,brown and 3 shields.I use 200 kh most all the time we fish 200 to 150 ft.help...Mike

Daybreak,
Below is the wiring diagram for the B-265LH. The three shield/bare wires attach to the case of the FCV-295.

Snips

Attachments

• B265LH.JPG
    B265LH.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,482
It looks like I have yo make my own power cord??.What type of wire should I use? 14 gauge.Do I need a shield or can it be just black and red..Mike

Daybreak,
If the power run is over 15ft use 14/2, if it less 16/2 is OK.

Snips

Snips,Man your as crazy a me with the hours.We all appreciate the great service.On our earlier post you said the tap setting A.Not really sure how to do this.It looks like the little white wires are in the A setting now?Where on the case do I ground the three shields?This wiring diagram is still confusing.I see the123 on high and the 123 on low but the rest is a little fuzzy.looking in the case I see the high and low but not sure.Can you just tell me what wires go where.Thank you,Mike

Mike,
Put the Blue/White wire on Pin-1 and the Black/White on Pin-3 of the LF transducer plug.
Put the Blue wire on Pin-1 and the Black on Pin-3 of the HF transducer plug. Attached the three shield wires under one of the cable clamp screws. The TAP jumper wires come factory set on the "A" Tap.

Snips

Snips,Thank you very much.I will report back when I get out there to try it.Thanks again, C :furuno :furuno apt.Mike

Snips,I promise this is my last question.There is 10 wires in the B265?I am not in front of it know,but I know there is a brown, orange and one other.What do I do with these??Temp??Or do I not hook them up??Thanks Mike

Daybreak,
The Orange is the Transducer ID (not used for the FCV-295). The White & Brown are the transducer temperature wires. You can use a standard 6-pin Furuno NMEA for this, if you do, Brown will go to Black and White to Yellow.

Snips

Snipps,I hate to be A pain in the ... I want to make sure I have the Xdcr settings right for the b265.Under the high frequency It has frequency,transducer,tap,frequency again And then band width.Same on the low side.I want to run it in 200hf and 50lf for now..It asks for frequency right under the connection and then two lines under it again.Do I put 200 in both areas on the high side And 50 in both areas on the low side.What about band width in 200 and 50???Thanks you Mike

Daybreaker,
Try this, don't worry about the Tap setting in this menu.

Snips

Attachments

• #2.JPG
    #2.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 2,451
Back