295 to a b265Lh

Capt. Mike,
No, I wouldn't change the SOS. Also a bad ducer will not cause the screen to move slow.
Let me know if the B-260 works better for you.

Snips

Capt. Mike,
Screen speed has a couple of other factors to think about, display size and display resolution. I timed the FCV-295's predecessor the FCV-1100 and found similar screen advance rate on 50, 100, 200 and 300ft (33", 1:02, 1:55 and 2:42). The FCV-582 is quicker at 14", 28, 56 and 1:22" at the same ranges but the display is half the size. Timing the FCV-587 is more similar to the 295 at 25", 48, 1:30 and 2:05. The FCV-587 has a similar screen size as the 582 but with high resolution.

Snips

Snips,Thanks for all your help.I will let you know what we do and how it works out.I will try to get some pictures of our trips 75 miles out.Mike

Snips,Been trying to figure out why were not happy with this set up.I go to waypoints were I know there is 2-3'break(ledge)and can not find it.I have been looking through the installation manual under xdcr settings.I have also looked at previous post by us.Should we have entered a transducer type and tap settings here??With the diagram you sent me we left them blank,Just a thought... pretty close to ordering a 526Tid-hdn.If so the transducer menu does not have that one listed.Would I use a 50/2001t or the 50/2001st.And what tap setting with s 526-tid-hdn.Could I try to use the B265 in a fixed frequency of 200 and enter the info in the transducer menu.. of50/ 2001t or 50/200 1st Mike 941-468-4845

Capt. Mike,
Look back on page two of these posts to see how the 265 or 526 should be set up. Neither ducer will be in the menu so you will need to manually enter the frequency. The TAP setting for the 265 are A & A while the 526 uses a B setting on 50 and A on 200Khz.

Snips

Snips,Going to play with frequencies again.Since chirp has great resolution was going to try the low side because of a larger beam angle?If I wanted to go from 42 to 65 how would I set upthe Xdcr menu.Also was going to try the high side at 139 to 210 how would I set the menus for this.Tried to order the new transducer today..There on back order for a few weeks.Were going to give it one last try while were waiting.Also I have been reading that chirp transducers are not rated on power but buy elements?thanks,Mike

Capt. Mike,
Take a picture of how your transducer is set up now for me.

Snips

Snips,As far the install.The transducer is
mounted in the same faring I have had for the last Two b260 mounted in.That faring has been very good before.The faring has not been off.We just take out the old transducer and add a new one.The faring has not moved.I can take a few pictures and get them over to you.Mike

Capt. Mike,
Sorry, I meant the sounder transducer set-up menu.

Snips

Capt. Mike,
Those settings are correct. With those settings you should be able to slew the 50Khz down to 42Khz using the 295's FREQUENCY CONTROL.

Snips

Snips,Can I hook up Two SS264 to the 295.A wide beam 200kh and a narrow beam 200kh and be able to switch from one to the other in frequency control? Miles

Snips,Forget the last post.We just ordered 526Tid-Hdn From You guys.We will get it tomorrow.We used the 265 for over 1500 nautical miles it was not doing it.I know the new ducer is the same one that l had with my 582L and 585 without the diplexer.How do I set up my xdcr menu for this ducer?Wat tap settings?What color wires go where?I will report back.We have quite a few trips.Thank you Mike

Capt. Mike,
I would leave the transducer menu and TAP settings the same. The transducer will come with a wiring diagram, but a think the color code will be the same as below.

Snips

Attachments

• Wiring.JPG
    Wiring.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 2,020
Snips,putting in new ducer526tid hdn.Do I hook up all shields together and ground them to the to one of the mounting screws for the cables?Does this ducer have temp?If so how do I hook it up?The power cable on this diver is twice the size of the265..Thanks Mike

Capt. Mike,
Yes connect all the shields together and attach to the case. Yes just like the 265 and 526 has temperature. It is wired into the six pin connector on the back of the 295.

Snips

Attachments

• Temp.JPG
    Temp.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,007
Snips,All hooked up.To hook up temp I need 000-159-697???Thanks for all your help.I will report back on performance. Mike

That cable should work. Just make sure the brown and white wires of the ducer temp sensor go to pins 2 & 3.

Snips

Snips":oh8bco1l said:
Mike,
Put the Blue/White wire on Pin-1 and the Black/White on Pin-3 of the LF transducer plug.
Put the Blue wire on Pin-1 and the Black on Pin-3 of the HF transducer plug. Attached the three shield wires under one of the cable clamp screws. The TAP jumper wires come factory set on the "A" Tap.

Snips
Snip,
I have a problem too to wiring my B265LH to FCV295.
Please help to explain. Mean attached the three shield wires under one of the cable clamp screws is all three shield make it one and screw in body of units?
So pin-2 in LF and HF is blank no wiring?
Finally last condition that the cable no connected is violet, brown, orange and white. This correct?

Please help me too, what should important to setting in units for get best result? Important to get best in high freq because i need to see bottom details.

Sorry, my english no good. Thanks...

Chris Nias,
The shield wires are connected to the cable clamp and Pin-2 is not used on both the LF/HF connectors. When connecting a 265 to a 295 the Orange and Violet wires are not used. The White and Brown are the temperature wires. As far as settings go, I would start with a 1/1 screen advance, TX Power at 10 and TX Rate at 20.

Snips

Back