2006 VX2 Sounder acting up

G

Grady28

I have duel VX2 10 inch units. I'm not getting the same dept readings on each unit. One is way off while the other works right. My right unit is the ghost unit and it appears to read correctly while the other one doesn't. Any ideas what the problem could be? I had sent the units to furuno for repair so you should have my information or you can email me. Thanks, David

David,
Make sure the one that's off doesn't have a draft offset.

Snips

On VX2 it is actually called depth calibration and is in the sensor setup menu. Make sure that both displays are set the same. Also check to make sure that the ACSTC (acoustic) SPD (speed) calibration are set the same.

Snips

Attachments

• Depth.JPG
    Depth.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,689
Sir - I checked both units this weekend and I'm still getting different depth readings. See attached photos. The unit reading 8.9 is the main unit (left one) and the other is the ghost one which is connected to the main unit and then to network. Why am I still getting different readings? Checked everything.

Attachments

• VX2 image 1.jpg
    VX2 image 1.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 1,668
  • VX2 image 2.jpg
    VX2 image 2.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,668
Grady28,
Thanks for the screen shots. I see that you have Temp & STW on one display and not on the other. Double check on the General Setup page that the sensor sources are set the same for both displays. The Depth source should be set as ETR if you are using the BBFF1 or DFF1.

Snips

Attachments

• SS.JPG
    SS.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,658
Back