1971F transducer frequency adjustment

Spmc718

Currently running a TZT12F and 1971F and am curious about upgrading to the side scan transducer for the TZT12F. If I have the 1971 running a B175HW transducer and the TZT12F running side scan, is there anyway to adjust the frequency of the 175HW as to not have interference/overlap with the side scan transducer?

The interference rejection should have no problems with the very short overlap as long as you don't mount the transducers right near each other. The closer they are together the more chances you might see some small noise.

Can the airmar sb646 switch be used to allow 2 units with 1 transducer? I've seen others do this successfully on other Furuno units.

Is there something unique about the 1871 that doesn't allow this?

I'm considering to do this so any specific info would be helpful.

thanks.

Transducer switch boxes are not recommended where the settings and impedance values of each transducer is different. Switching transducers on a live unit are a sure way to damage something. While it could be done, the user must be very careful to stop the transmission of the sounder, change the software setting for the transducer used, power off the unit, switch the transducer, and then repower the unit. One false step can end up giving damage to the transducer or the sounder. It is not normally worth the hassles and a good way to have someone "Let the smoke out".

Hi Sparky, thanks for the feedback.

Are you saying 2 different transducers to 1 head unit is the concern? What about 1 transducer to two units, that is the application I am considering.

My current application is an Airmar ss270w transducer plugged direct to Furuno 587.

I am considering adding the sb646 switch so I can also plug same ducer into a 1871 in the tower.

I have a small boat so 2 transducers may not fit. And I'd like to have FF in tower w/o needing a network or TZT type config with 2 new units.

Appreciate your feedback.

The same concern applies. You can't have a transducer go to two different sounders as the same time. It is like having two VHF radios share the same antenna. Two transmitters will just short themselves out. If using a switch then the load being taken off one and applied to the other is an issue when powered ON. Any switching would need to happen with the units OFF and the one without a transducer load should stay OFF. It tends to be an accident waiting to happen.

Back