TZTL12 nav net 2 NEMA 0183 connection to Radar model 821

Boatpro2

Just installed a new TZTL12 nav net 2. Said it had a NEMA 0183 out put to talk to my old furuno digital 821 radar. I should have been able to connect either a white and black or blue and black wires to the radar input. I did get some data on the radar for a second but it disapeared and i haven’t been able to get it back. I particularly liked the lollipop feature.Should these two units be able to talk to each other and show the lollipop? Thank you, Rick

First you should ensure you don't have too many 0183 sentences turned on at the same time. 4800 baud allows allow you to have about 6 or 7 sentences turned on. You should check how many you have selected to output from the TZTL12F and ensure you don't have too many. Next the M821 radar is older so you should change the NMEA 0183 format to one of the older formats like V1.5 or V2.0. The TZT2 supports the older formats but you must change the setting.

Thanks Johnny I do appreciate the reply - Any idea which color wires are the proper ones to connect . Thanks, Rick

TZT2NMEA0183.JPG

For the M821, you should use the NMEA receive wires. (Yellow + and Green -)
This should be shown in the M821 manual.

Thanks again Johnny. This worked perfectly. Have my Lollipop back on the radar. Looking forward to upgrading the radar next summer. Regards, Rick

Back