Radar 1715 /NEMA 0183

Tayana Sailor

Hello
New to me on boat : Furuno 1715 radar with Nema connection point (Standalone currently )
Garmin 4212 Chartplotter with Nema 0183 and Nema 2000 connection points and cables( functioning)
Raymarine: wind/ depth /speed /auto pilot /ais all NEMA Seatalk ng 0183 (Functioning )

All I want to accomplish is to route the Garmin Chartplotter data out into the Furuno 1715
Realize no 1715 overlay to Garmin 4212 due to differnt formats
>That said feasible : yes/ no ?
>Furuno cable number required for the 1715 ?
> Any Nema connections ( colors / wire + - ) details to transfer data onto the Furuno 1715 ( Have the Garmin + - outputs ) not any Furuno details
This mix match by PO is trying !!!
Any assaistace / guidance is very appreciated

ED

About the only reason to connect the Garmin would be so you can see data in the Nav boxes of the radar if you wish. Radar will never display on the Garmin (not possible). Garmin units have never accepted the standard NMEA $TLL (target Lat/lon) so unlike other plotters, the mark of the 1715 going to the plotter won't mark a point on that unit.

I guess if you wired GPS from the Garmin to the radar it would provide the radar cursor Lat Lon as long as the radar also has heading available; otherwise it almost isn't worth the effort. There would be zero to be seen on the Garmin.

Back