RDP-139 not talking to Navpilot

boatdog360

Trying to get my 20 year-old, new to me, Navnet to talk the autopilot. I get a 'NAV DATA NOT PRESENT' on the autopilot. Is here some programming in the setup that I need to do? I cracked open the FAP-5002 controller... can someone confirm that Terminal Block Seven (TB7 NMEA 1 IN/OUT) is wired correctly? The Yellow and Green wire are from one cable that appears to go into the back of the RDP-139 Data 2 the Black and White wire are from a cable that goes to Data 3. Everything else seems to work fine. The Navpilot holds a course well while in Auto.

YES, I realize it is 20 year old tech. YES, I plan on updating in the near future. In the meantime I just want it to work... for now.

Attachments

• IMG_8778.jpg
    IMG_8778.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8782(1).jpg
    IMG_8782(1).jpg
    335 KB · Views: 7
...More pics of setup/diag

Attachments

• IMG_8803.jpg
    IMG_8803.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8802.jpg
    IMG_8802.jpg
    671.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8801.jpg
    IMG_8801.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8800.jpg
    IMG_8800.jpg
    718.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8794.jpg
    IMG_8794.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 6
Greetings boatdog360, on your VX2 try turning on a few NMEA sentences under that menu option in the first image (IMG_8803) titled "Select SNTNC:"
- GGA
- VTG
- RMB
- RMC
- APB

Then let me know if the pilot continues to give you the message, "NAV DATA NOT PRESENT" or resolves the issue.

Hope this helps,

- Maggy

Greetings boatdog360, on your VX2 try turning on a few NMEA sentences under that menu option in the first image (IMG_8803) titled "Select SNTNC:"
- GGA
- VTG
- RMB
- RMC
- APB

Then let me know if the pilot continues to give you the message, "NAV DATA NOT PRESENT" or resolves the issue.

Hope this helps,

- Maggy
Maggy,
Thank you for your reply! I turned on the Sentences per your instruction but still getting the same error. Any additional insight is much appreciated!

It looks to be wired correctly.

Do you know which port on the RDP139 is connected to the NavPilot 500? Hopefully Port 2.
Ensure that you turned on the sentences mentioned above for that particular port.

Ensure the NavPilot 500 Ports are set to match the RDP139 output.
1694118728037.png

You can also check to see if the data is coming in properly as well.
1694118824436.png

Thanks for the help! I only had a few minutes aboard yesterday eve to check settings.

It appeared the Port setting was perhaps incorrect. I did get the Nav function to work somewhat and I was able to Nav to a Waypoint. However the waypoint listed on the Navpilot seemed one digit off.

Also the Navpilot did not seem to want to Nav to a Route.

Again, will do some more checking this weekend and report findings.

Last edited:
Back