Tzt3 tranducer dilemma

Squidkid

Hi, I am looking for some guidance in transducer selection, I have Tzt3 and want to get Furuno 527ID-IHD 1kw transducer. Will it display images with CHIRP?
If not which in hull transducer would you recommend?
Thank you,
John

I do not believe that is a CHIRP transducer if I am reading the specs on it correctly. I don't know that they even manufacturer an in hull CHIRP transducer due to the inability to shed the immense amount of heat they can generate sweeping across the frequencies while CHIRPing.

I do not believe that is a CHIRP transducer if I am reading the specs on it correctly. I don't know that they even manufacturer an in hull CHIRP transducer due to the inability to shed the immense amount of heat they can generate sweeping across the frequencies while CHIRPing.
Yes,the specs dont say CHIRP but the TZT3 states it has a built in CHIRP to 1kw, so the question is does both components need to be CHIRP or can it be just the Tzt3? Thanks

Yes,the specs dont say CHIRP but the TZT3 states it has a built in CHIRP to 1kw, so the question is does both components need to be CHIRP or can it be just the Tzt3? Thanks
Yes, both components have to support CHIRP for it to CHIRP. The TZT3 does support CW 50/200 as well, you just can not CHIRP the transducer without causing damage in the long term. Think trying to ring a "C" note bell on an "A" note tone. (only example that comes to mind, might not be the best example) @C-Bass @Deep Blue can probably explain much better.

The transducer that you are looking at will support the depths that you mentioned, however you will find better performance with a wet faced transducer(through hull or transom mount depending on the boat)

Squidkid,

You should not use a CHIRP Fish finder with a Conventional Wave (CW) Transducer, due to the elements in the transducer are not designed for sweeping of all the frequencies, and there is no Internal Heat Sink in the CW Transducer to handle the higher temperatures that are generated. You run the risk of overheating the transducer and cracking or fracturing the elements. And...if the transducer's harmonics are bad, you might not be able to have any good echoes or fish targets.

You can however, use a CHIRP transducer with a CW Fish finder. Some Furuno Fish Finders (FCV295,FCV1150, FCV1900, Etc.) will even allow you to slew the transducer's frequency within 10% (+) or (-) of the fixed center frequency. Commercial fishing vessels use this CHIRP Transducer / CW Fish finder method for use in various fisheries.

I hope this information is helpful..?

- Deep Blue

Last edited:
Back